Benefits of Having a LinkedIn Company Page
- It showcases your company, not just one or two employees
- Employees act as indirect company ambassadors
- Tangibly measure the impact of your updates
- Monito and be notified when someone mentions your company or brand
- Ability to promote your latest, most important news
- Showcase your specialist services
How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page
Company pages help other users learn more about your business and the services you offer. By adding a company page, you can also educate them on the benefits of your products or services. Before you can create your own company page, you must have a personal LinkedIn profile.
You must also ensure that your company doesn’t already have a page on LinkedIn and that you yourself, meet the requirements to add a company page on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Requirements to Add a Company Page
- Must have a personal LinkedIn profile with your true first and last name
- The profile must be at least seven days old
- The profile strength must be at least intermediate or all star
- You must have several connections on your profile
- You are a current employee of the company and your position is listed in the experience section of your profile
- You have a company email address added and confirmed on your LinkedIn account
- Your company’s email domain is unique to the company itself
- A domain cannot be used more than once to create a company page
- Domains such as gmail.com, yahoo.com, or similar generic emails are not unique to one company, therefore cannot be used to create a company page
Adding a Company Page
- From your homepage move the cursor over “interests” and select “Companies”
- Select “Create” in the “Create a Company Page” section on the right-hand side
- Enter your company’s official name and work email address
- Click “Continue” and enter your company information
Useful Tips to Strengthen your Company Page
- Write a Compelling Summary. If someone takes the time to scroll down to your description, they have already shown an interest in your company
- Use relevant keywords to make your page more discoverable in search engines
- Make sure your most important product or service is listed first
- Add your career information and opportunities. LinkedIn is a phenomenal recruiting tool that should be used to its fullest potential
- Ask for product and service reviews or testimonials. Sharing these testimonials can go miles in creating a sense of trust among potential visitors
- Used targeted updates to promote new and important content effectively
How to Attract More LinkedIn Followers
It is vital you engage your colleagues. The best place to start is adding your employees. Adding your employees and encouraging them to add your company to their personal profile helps you immediately gain credibility since they are one of your greatest assets and brand advocates. Adding employees to your company also allows them to like, comment, and share information and updates about your company which can expand your reach and visibility in LinkedIn.
You can also promote your company page by adding easy to follow links. Linking your company page to other marketing channels such as emails, newsletters, and blogs help make it easy for users to follow and stay up to date. Providing free information assets such as blogs and newsletters can help gain trust from your visitors. It helps them learn more about you and what you offer.
It is also important to invest in your followers. You can use highly targeted Follow Ads on LinkedIn to help reach your desired target segment. These advanced advertisements can target different industries, companies, or geographical regions and appear throughout LinkedIn. Anytime a professional on LinkedIn follows your company their action appears on the LinkedIn newsfeed. This update helps a spread awareness and can help lure other potential visitors to the company page.
How to Engage your Audience
There are a few ways to engage your audience on LinkedIn. One way is to share rich content. Posting new content everyday is one of the most effective ways to start a conversation and directly engage your target market. Any content you post will appear on your company page as well as in the newsfeed for anyone following your company.
Examples of rich content you can post include: sharing company news, industry related articles, thought pieces on hot topics, images, infographics, videos, or even presentations. In the digital community content is king. Posting new content that provides value to followers will drastically impact your engagement rates and have a positive impact on your company as a whole.
You should also utilise sponsored content to get your content to the right people. Sponsored content generates greater brand awareness, quality leads, and promotes deeper relationships with your audience through extending the reach of your company’s updates. For more information on how to apply sponsored content to help your LinkedIn business account click here.
Lastly, you can use company page analytics to dive deeper into customer behaviour. Leveraging the tracking system can help you learn more about your followers, their trends, growth options and different key metrics and their behaviour. The key to growing your page is using the data gathered, refining, optimising and re-customising your content. By adapting your strategy and learning from your customer’s behaviour through data analytics, you can develop the strongest page possible and help your business grow and prosper.