Social Media Takes Too Much Time
Yes, social media takes time. Everything takes too much time if you are unable to realise its potential benefits. And everything is worth the time when you make sure it works correctly.
Social Sharing is Declining
True statement. As brands relentlessly blitz social media, you have to make sure that the content you create is remarkably valuable content, this will make sure that when you promote it there is a higher chance that it will succeed.
Social Shares are a Vanity Factors that Means Little or Nothing to our Brand
Yes, of course it is difficult to place a money value on social shares, but no, social sharing means a lot to your brand. Social shares are a component of the digital content marketing ecosystem with interrelated elements that impact each other. Notably, social shares can:
- Increase the reach of your content
- Increase the credibility of your message
- Win your brand new followers, fans, and possibly referral sources
- Reach other content creators who may publish your ideas, cite your brand, and create links to your website and blog, which improves your search engine rankings
Finally, and above all:
- Social sharing is free
When you learn how to get people to share your content, you leverage arguably one of the most effective tactics in digital marketing, and indisputably, the least expensive content promotion channel. Word of mouth is, and always will be, the most effective form of marketing. I will spare you the pile of stats and summarise it in two lines:
- Ads and messages coming directly from brands are received with scepticism
- Recommendations and endorsements from friends and like-minded peers have a trust factor that boost conversion
This notion, that WOM fosters credibility, is not new. What is new (well, sort of) is how social media changes the game. Obviously, social sharing has the potential to i9mmendely accelerate the spread of a story.