They also mentioned that people look at videos 5 times longer than static content on both Facebook and Instagram. By now, as a social media marketer, you should know how important it is to incorporate visual content into your social media strategy.
If you have not shifted your focus on visual content yet, then you are overdue for a new marketing strategy. Let’s look at some statistics that demonstrate the impact visual content has on engagement, reach and revenue for brands.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than those without
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than any other content. Facebook posts with images get 2 times more engagement and tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without one.
- 5% of social media marketers said that original graphics, such as custom made infographics and illustrations, performed best.
- eMarketer reported that Facebook posts from brands that included images earned 87% of all engagement on the platform.
- When asked what type of visuals were most frequently produced, 35% of marketers stated that they used stock photos and 30% used original graphics. The remaining 45% said that they used videos, data visualisations, charts, and GIFs the most.
- People are 85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.
This is one marketing trend that is quite impossible to ignore. The power of visual content will only continue to grow in importance over the next few years. As a marketer, you must keep reconstructing your content marketing strategy to make it adaptable and suitable for the coming changes in digital visual consumption.