So, lets start out with the obvious way that you are able to market your YouTube channel and that is through promoting your channel with Google AdWords. In order to drive more views and subscribers to your channel, you are able to pay to run an ad campaign for your videos on your YouTube through AdWords for video. You can then create an ad that appears before a video starts, or alongside a video on its watch page on YouTube.
All you have to do is create your ad, set your budget and target the desired audience. There is no minimum price to run an ad – and you can change your ads, targeting and budgets at any time. You can also end your campaign whenever you want.
Next, you will need to ensure that you create an ad that works. The thing is there is no single formula for a perfect video ad, but here are a few recommendations pulled from our experience with some successful creators to help you deliver maximum impact.
- Tell your story. – While bumper ads are great for quick messages, you can use TrueView ads for longer narratives.
- Make the first 5 seconds count. – Capture viewers attention early so that they continue watching.
- Show it in many ways. – Create multiple ads test them across audiences and devices.
- Drive interactions – Improve brand awareness and engagement through interactive elements.
- Leverage your best content. – Build ads that incorporate clips or concepts from your most popular videos.
- Provide clear next steps. – Direct your viewers to take a specific action, such as subscribe to your channel.
- Give viewers time to act. – Include an end screen and a strong verbal call to action in the last 5-10 seconds.
- Write a friendly title. – Viewers may be influenced by the title, so take this opportunity to pique their interest.