To boost your LinkedIn efforts, you can tap into the skills you’ve developed through your life. Common sense, and common courtesy, will go a long way towards improving your results.
So, here are 10 skills you will be able to utilise in order to gain success on LinkedIn:
1. Don't forget your manners – Never underestimate the power of proper etiquette – aka common sense and good manners. Show gratitude when people engage with you and your posts.
2. Adjust to new situations – Speaking to new people can feel risky or uncomfortable – but communication is the key to relationship building on LinkedIn.
3. Attempt new things knowing its okay to make mistakes – Don’t be one of those people whose LinkedIn profile sits inactive for years because you’re afraid of making a mistake.
4. Ask for help – If there is someone you would like to meet, ask someone in your network if they are comfortable to make an introduction.
5. Respect others – Before you post something, consider if it is something that you would way to say right in front of a potential client. If you do get into a debate on a more sensitive topic, be professional, be polite and most importantly be respectful.
6. Cooperate – Collaboration is a powerful community and business building strategy. LinkedIn is an excellent platform to find and build a relationship with people that you can benefit from collaborating with.
7. Offer to help – Nothing makes a stronger and more genuine impression on somebody than when you give selflessly, generously and without the expectation of receiving anything in return.
8. Ask questions and express curiosity – Be curious. Be interested. Asking questions or commenting on the posts and comments of your connections is vital to starting a conversation. This is where real relationship building begins.
9. Share ideas – Sharing content is a fantastic way to establish your authority and expand your reach on LinkedIn.
10. Tell Stories – Engaging storytelling makes people far more interested and emotionally invested in what you are sharing.